Piping Designer - Process
Our client provides an incredible range of design and engineering consultancy services to clients who demand exceptional results. Specialising in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle, our disciplines range from initial architecture to civil and structural, building services, specialist high voltage and process engineering services, programme management and CDM consultancy, using the latest innovations in Building Information Modelling (BIM) for the most efficient and cost-effective design.
About the role
We’re looking for piping and layout designers who have experience in process equipment design and layout, primarily within the chemicals and pharmaceutical sector.
You will be familiar with AutoCAD Plant 3D and other AudoDesk AEC Collection products would be beneficial.
We are searching for several contract positions for an initial 6 months with the possibility to extend further.
The role id based at the clients Manchester office and may require occasional site visits to client locations throughout the UK.
Principal roles & responsibilities
- Production of 3D models in AutoCAD Plant 3D
- Production of 2D plant layout drawings in AutoCAD
- Drafting of P&ID’s in AutoCAD
- Running 3D model reviews
- Consideration of access requirements for maintenance and operability
- Occasional visits to sites in the UK may be required, including occasional overnight stays
- Site surveys including taking dimensional measurements
- Understanding of process requirements, ability to interpret process P&ID’s
- Understanding of piping specifications and ability to translate into piping isometrics
- Design of piping supports
- Checking of piping design documents, including checking isometrics
- Ability to work to a programme, a fixed work-hour budget, and tight deadlines
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business