Senior Civils Estimator
Senior Civil Engineering Estimator to work with market leading Civil Engineering contractor, supporting their work within the rail infrastructure sector
- Are you an Estimator with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of working on large civil engineering projects?
- Do you have experience within the Rail Infrastructure or Highways sectors?
If you have answered yes to these questions, then please get in touch, as this could be a great opportunity for you.
Our Client is a market leading Civil Engineering Contractor who work in partnership with both public and private sectors, undertaking the full range of civil engineering activities, particularly within the rail infrastructure and highways industries.
Due to their continued success within the Rail Infrastructure sector they are looking to appoint a Senior Civil Engineering Estimator to strengthen their existing commercial team based in Glasgow. The large majority of work will be undertaken remotely and therefore our client is happy to consider suitable candidates who are based anywhere in the UK. This position would suit an experienced Estimator or a Quantity Surveyor with Estimating experience looking for the next step in their career.
Suitable candidates should be able to demonstrate Estimating experience within the civil engineering or rail infrastructure sectors, working on projects with values of between £2M - £10m. Experience of projects involving Rail Infrastructure, Bridgeworks, Culverts or general Highways will be an advantage.
- Appraisal of tender documents.
- Managing the tender pricing process ensuring completion and recording of all necessary process documentation to satisfy formal procedures.
- Initiation of technical queries and ensuring design is sufficiently developed to enable accurate costings.
- Preparation of material, equipment and sub-contract enquiries including selection of prospective suppliers and subcontractors.
- Attending strategy/opportunity meetings with project team.
- Preparation of analytical cost estimates including preliminaries.
- Using construction knowledge and commercial experience in conjunction with other members of the bid team to ensure competitive bids.
- Adjudication and comparison of supplier and subcontractor quotations.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.