High Voltage Battery Systems (Electrical & Electronic Development)
To be responsible for High Voltage (HV) battery pack electrical and electronic specification, integration and on-time delivery to achieve vehicle attributes for hybrid and electric vehicles across all programmes
As Project Engineer, HV Battery Systems (Electrical and Electronic Development), you will work with Li-Ion batteries in automotive applications and be responsible for the following activities:
- To define, own and deliver HV battery pack electrical and electronic systems from concept through to production, including achieving:
- Quality: Identify & contain potential quality concerns using engineering quality systems (FMEAs, Robustness Studies)
- Cost: Definition of programme cost targets and working with suppliers to deliver system that achieves these targets
- Weight: Definition of programme weight targets and managing CAD engineers to design system that achieves targets
- Function: Generate robust System Design Specification to define system functional targets; deliver components to achieve targets; support Test & Development team with DVP planning & execution & ensure supplier tests are completed on time.
- Package: Manage CAD engineers to achieve static & dynamic clearance targets, negotiate component change in other R&D departments if required to achieve clearances.
- Main point of contact for HV battery pack electrical and electronic systems for feasibility, functionality and resolution of technical issues
- Feasibility, functionality and resolution of technical issues for HV battery pack electrical and electronic systems
- Cross-functional working with other departments to define HV & associated LV systems to achieve vehicle requirements
- Support Quality, Functional Safety & Cyber Security, Patents and Intellectual Property teams
- Acquiring and evaluating competitor benchmark information to influence concept creation in early project phases
- Coordinating system & supplier comparison studies and evaluating RFQ responses to influence management decisions
- Establish regular design reviews with cross functional teams and support test rig planning and execution
- Develop and deliver commodity strategy for HV battery pack electrical and electronic system
- Train, coach and present technical information and share the knowledge throughout
- Develop and record best practices and support development of design manuals to handle the Powertrain Electrification requirements of today and the future
The essential areas of previous experience required to undertake this role include:
- Delivery of HV battery electrical and electronic systems for hybrid and/or electric vehicles
- Knowledge of all relevant vehicle legislation and certification requirements for HV automotive battery packs
- Knowledge of project life cycle management from early R&D to series production
- Hands on experience of working with LV and HV electrical and electronic systems.
- Leadership of product development projects to production
Preferred areas of experience include:
- HV Automotive Battery Systems development for high performance hybrid and/or electric vehicles
- Understanding of hybrid and electric powertrain system functionalities and attributes at vehicle, system and component levels
- Automotive powertrain electrical, electronic and mechanical integration knowledge.
- Use of test equipment to support electrical and electronic system testing
- Driving product development issues to a resolution
- Strong user of MATLAB/Simulink, and experience with CAD (NX, CATIA)
- Responsibility in Formula Student/SAE team
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.