We are looking for a Planning Engineer to support the large framework engineering delivery team, who are responsible for the delivery of nuclear defueling and nuclear decommissioning projects across the Hinkley Point B site.
- Are you a Project Planning Engineer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience?
- Are you proficient in the use of Primavera?
- Do you have experience of working within the Nuclear Engineering sector or similar highly regulated industries?
- Do you have a good working knowledge of Change Control and Earned Value Management techniques?
If you have answered yes to these questions then we are keen to speak to you about this opportunity
Our client is recruiting for a Planning Engineer to Join their framework delivery team. This is a key role within where you will be part of a large client lead team at EDF’s Hinkley Point B Power Station, supporting multiple projects with a focus on nuclear defueling and nuclear decommissioning.
Planning Engineers are accountable to the client Project Controls Group Head, PPM and/or Operations Manager and are responsible to develop & manage schedules to incorporate risk, change, resource requirements and cost in accordance with EDF Generation Company requirements and standards. The Planning Engineer will create plans for the full project lifecycle including development and design.
Skills & Experience
Suitable applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in an Engineering discipline or relevant experience.
- Breadth of experience across whole project and programme lifecycle. (e.g. Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation/Commissioning processes).
- Experienced in the latest version of Primavera.
- Able to develop, control, monitor, analyse and report on schedule related aspects for designated projects within a Portfolio.
- Able to establish and monitor a cost and resource loaded, logic linked, baseline plan for the project in accordance with Programme Office processes.
- Able to capture project budgetary costs and resources in the plan to determine time phasing of expenditure and the total project budget.
- Able to establish robust Work Breakdown and Project Control Structures in terms of project scope, in accordance with Investment Delivery processes, templates and Procedures.
- Experienced to challenge as necessary to ensure compatibility and compliance.
- Leadership to ensure that the project plan embraces the full project work scope, is fit for purpose and is achievable.
- Knowledge to maintain and control project baselines in line with company procedures and guidance.
- Monitor, control and analyse the project programme and cost information using Earned Value methodologies
- Experienced to integrate 3rd party schedules and data into the overall project plan.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels of management and can produce monthly reports, to an agreed reporting cycle, through the provision of intelligent information and analysis.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.