Senior Process Engineer
A Senior Process Engineer with experience of FEED Design, Process Safety and Site Improvements/Amendments is required to work with a Warrington based Chemical Manufacturer.
You will be responsible for ensuring that site technical and process improvement projects and new product developments are designed and specified to meet the Company safety standards and meet the business objectives of cost, timescale and fitness for purpose, as defined by the Director of Technology. In addition, as Senior Process Engineer, you will support the operation by implementing improvement measures for optimizing capacity and cost targets. There is potential for international travel and networking, however this is not expected to be significant.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role but are not limited to:
- You will justify, scope and design manufacturing and capacity improvements, new product & process introduction requirements and technically accountable for process and plant changes made within these projects and ensuring the required PCA/MOC procedures are followed.
- You will ensure Process Safety & Functional Safety standards are implemented to control and improve process hazards and risks.
- You will identify and introduce innovations and equipment which optimize plant operations, usage of materials, output, improve product quality, safety and reduce hazards.
- You will ensure solutions are found to technical problems affecting output, safety, major accident prevention, environmental, quality and costs targets.
- You’ll be responsible for working with improvement/capacity projects on site utilizing small teams and larger projects using consulting resources, as appropriate.
- You will Plan, lead and implement FEED projects, including process safety aspects, budgetary control, programme and fit for purpose. Support project implementation and commissioning with technical expertise.
Your Qualifications and Skills will include:
- Degree in a Chemical Engineering discipline or a similar relevant qualification
- A strong track record of success and experience in a relevant field e.g. chemical, petrochemical, polymer and oil industries
- Preferred experience in distillation, continuous and batch reaction, high hazard processes and application of process safety standards.
- The ability to manage and organize time, interact with people from all levels of the organization and capable of sustaining a drive for excellence.
- Ability to communicate clearly by written and verbal reporting and possess above average fluency with technical software.
- Attention to detail should be an ingrained behaviour.
- This position is in a 24/7 manufacturing plant environment and some extended working hours are required to complete aggressive shutdown and installation work schedules.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.