Our Client is a globally recognised leader in the supply and manufacture of high technology electrical and electronic components for the automotive sector. They have an exceptionally strong order book with a major customer in the region and are investing heavily in the meaningful expansion of their engineering department. As a result, we are recruiting an experienced Routing & Packaging Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
We have supported this client for many years and this is a truly exciting time to be joining a well-established team of industry experts as they continue to grow. On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive salary in addition to a fully comprehensive benefits package including pension, private health care, medical cash plan and tailored reward schemes.
At the heart of the business is an established culture that promotes from within. To support their employees in achieving their own career ambitions, our client offers exceptional training and development opportunities which are annually reviewed to enable their staff to progress within the company.
Another unique factor of the role is their hybrid working structure. This will allow you to divide your time between the office and home. There are aspects of the role that will require you to be in the office or onsite with the customers, but when this isn’t a requirement they are happy for you to work remotely and encourage you to do so.
The Routing & Packaging Engineer is primarily responsible for the development of a wiring harness routing and packaging based on customer requirements within the consideration of all engineering specifications.
- Responsible for the design conceptual routings and package for EDS
- Conducting EDS Package investigations
- Verifying the customer specifications have been fulfilled
- Provide designs that achieve customer time and cost targets
- Update and drive EDS package issues to closure
- Represent EDS routing designs in customer package meetings
- Resolve EDS package issues by interfacing with other vehicle commodities
- Ensure design meets customer manufacturing and service requirement
- Ensure the wiring harnesses can be assembled into the vehicle
- Interface at all levels to the customer and internally to progress and agree EDS routing and package designs
- Agree on and implement design changes according to the change management procedure
- Interface to Harness Design Engineers and CAD engineers to achieve the above
- On-site development support at the customer’s locations in the UK and abroad where required to support design development
- Support Harness product design reviews at harness prototype and manufacturing plants
- Support supplier and customer prototype and serial production builds
Qualifications & Skills:
- University Degree in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of working within an EDS/Wiring Harness Automotive background
- Knowledge of 3D design
- Proficient in Team Centre/Digibuck
- Experience using E2KS DPA tools
- Trained and experienced with Design for Manufacturing (DFM/DFA)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivation and prioritisation
- Ability to work in a team as well as alone
- Ability to be flexible regarding working hours and location
- Fluent in English language
- Full UK Driving Licence
Please note: Unfortunately our client is not able to offer work permits, visas or sponsorships. If you do require any of these to work in the UK then regrettably we won’t be able to progress your application further.
If you’re interested in joining a world leading supplier and feel you have the necessary skills for the position then please get in touch!
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business