Trim & Final Build Technician
Our Client, a World recognised and respected Automotive OEM Manufacturer based in rural Warwickshire are actively seeking a Trim & Final Build Technician.
The candidate will be required to tear-down, build, service and maintain prototype vehicles / bucks to facilitate both whole vehicle & component testing. Support overseas testing.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Follow H&S guidelines.
- Complete full vehicle tear down ensuring no parts are damaged so that they can be re-fitted after build
- Full vehicle build – Bay Builds
- Strip and inspect parts.
- Measure components.
- Modification of components via containments.
- Liaise with system and development engineers regarding possible issues identified.
- Problem solving to aid in solution of current vehicle issues.
Qualification & Experience:
The role requires a methodical technician with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Automotive/Race experience
- Ability to perform detailed inspection
- Competent with Teamcenter and able to look at vehicle bucks to assist with build and problem solve
- Failure investigations and problem solving
- Working across functional teams effectively
- Full Apprenticeship (Motor Vehicle background) ideally to HNC level, automotive trade experience.
- Strong technical skills and understanding of engineering fundamentals
- Creative thinking and problem-solving
- Strong teamworking skills are required to ensure effective communication and collaboration across functional teams
- Able to work on your feet most of the day and undertake physical duties associated with Prototype Vehicle Builds.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which the client is looking for, apply with your current and up to date CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.