Direct Tax Manager
The Direct Tax Manager will primarily be responsible for the preparation and submission of the UK corporation returns for the group, together with assisting the Senior Group Tax Manager with quarterly tax reporting obligations and statutory accounts notes.
Bringing the compliance cycle in-house for the first time will provide the successful candidate with a unique opportunity to create an in-house tax compliance process.
The job is however not limited to compliance and reporting, with the successful candidate having the opportunity to actively assist the tax team with wider tax activities including transfer pricing, management of the annual R&D claim and coordination of tax risk management.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation for internal review of the UK corporation tax returns for the group, including active management of relevant tax claims and elections.
- Preparation for internal review of the UK corporate interest restriction calculations and return.
- Assistance with all IFRS tax reporting obligations of the group, which are prepared at quarterly intervals.
- Preparation of the UK statutory accounts tax disclosures under FRS 102.
- Review of overseas tax returns and assistance with data collation.
- Assisting with global direct tax considerations on management and business driven projects.
- Directly inputting into the tax risk management of the group in accordance with our Board approved tax strategy, with a focus on SAO compliance, the group Tax Risk Register and the Corporate Criminal Offence.
- Plan and carry out work required to respond to HMRC enquiries, routine HMRC meetings or audits.
- Actively maintaining a strong tax technical knowledge base to then communicate relevant tax updates internally.
Qualification & Experience:
- The successful applicant will have an accounting and / or tax qualification, a strong academic background and a proven track record gained from a professional services firm or a large corporate plc. The broad nature of the role demands a high level of commercial awareness and a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Professional qualification in accounting and / or tax
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Experience of using either Alphatax or OneSource corporate tax software.
- Capable of interpreting and applying the complexities of tax legislation. Methodical and process driven mind set with an ability to present and seek feed-back at all levels within the business.
- Capable of working under pressure.
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of tax practices, policies and methodologies, together with an understanding of the requirements of IAS 12.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Actively motivated for continuous self-improvement and tax technical development
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which the client is looking for, apply with your current and up to date CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.