Accounts Payable Assistant
You will deliver a highly accurate and efficient end to end Purchase Ledger process for the client. As part of our close-knit team, you will help drive change and innovation into our Finance Department.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be a team player, focused and hard working.
- You will be able to demonstrate a solid purchase ledger background, and be flexible and adaptable to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
- You will take ownership of the P2P process, processing high volumes of invoices both with and without purchase orders.
- You will handle all invoice queries, liaising with staff and stakeholders to find a satisfactory resolution.
- You will process freight invoices through the TRAX interface.
- You will arrange regular electronic payment runs, ensuring that suppliers are paid to agreed terms, whilst keeping adhoc payments to a minimum.
Other duties include:
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Documentation management ie. electronic invoice archiving.
- Review and maintain supplier bank details, payment terms, and remittance email addresses.
- Production and analysis of Aged Creditor reports.
- GRNI Accruals and Prepayments.
- Preparing and posting monthly journals.
Your Qualifications and Experiences will include:
- GCSE’s in Maths and English, or equivalent.
- Have worked, or are working towards a financial qualification, eg. AAT
- Proficient in the use of an established ERP system, such as AX Dynamics, SAP, or Oracle.
- Solid Excel skills, where a certification in its use would be beneficial but not essential.
- Able to demonstrate significant experience working within Accounts Payable.
- Exposure to TRAX, or a good working knowledge of operational freight P2P.
- Exposure to the production of detailed and accurate management information/reports.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.