Our Client; a globally operating Tier 1 Automotive company that specialises in the supply and manufacture of high technology electrical and electronic components.
We are currently recruiting for either directly employed Fixed Term Contract or Contractor (Agency - inside IR35) Launch Engineer to be based on site.The main purpose of the role is to support the EDS design team and program teams with diagnostics, repair, reworking and sample manufacture of vehicle wiring harnesses.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyse prototype vehicle specification and generate and maintain the “harness by vehicle build matrix”. Input into Customer BOM Validation tool if required
- Distribute “harness by vehicle build matrix” to engineering and logistics team
- Plan engineering, quality, rework support for build phase, issue and maintain build support plan
- Ensure adequate material is available at build site for reworks
- Request required facilities at build site to customer (desks, phones, computers, network connection, Wi-Fi, rework area and tables, etc)
- Attend customer launch kick off meetings and cascade information to team
- Rework of prototype harnesses and vehicles based on PR’s, rework sheets, detail drawings and specifications.
- Represent the company in the front line of the customer at prototype build site
- Ensure excellent support is provided to customer during prototype build phase
- Support “bread board” process where required and diagnostics of electrical function issues.
- Support vehicle builds and advise on EDS package design and systems function issues
- Support prototype vehicle diagnostics and resolution
- Interface with Logistics team to ensure delivery of parts meets customer requirements
- Attend “white board” issues meetings, cascade output for actions and follow up – communicate issues back to design team
- Support AIMS process at customer and communicate with design team for timely resolution
- Interface to quality team and EDS manufacturing plants for resolution of quality issues
- Investigate and create EDS design proposals for resolution of vehicle level build issues
- Keep clear records of work carried out.
- Manufacture of sample harnesses to support special actions, prototype build changes / issues and package trials based on sketches, drawings and mark ups. Keep clear records of work carried out.
- Support testboard assembly, fault diagnosis, rework and repair. With help systems engineers.
- Assist DVP team with vehicle and testboard DVP testing when required.
- Knowledge of how to read wiring harness drawings, sketches and circuit diagrams
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle EDS
- Vehicle electrical system diagnostics and ratification
- Experienced at reworking and producing vehicle wiring harnesses
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and proactive
- Strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivation and prioritisation
- Ability to work in a team as well as alone
- Full valid driving licence to drive in the UK
- Right to work in the UK
If Fixed Term Contract you can receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Up to 26 days holidays over 1 year period + Bank Holidays
- Pension 4% employee 6% employer
- Private Medical - on completion of probation period
- Life Assurance 3 x Salary
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which our client is looking for, apply with your current and up to date CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Forbes HR (part of the Millbank Holdings Group) are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.