Our Client is a leading Carbon Fibre manufacturer working predominately in high-end, luxury Automotive and Formula 1 manufacturing environments.
Having secured multiple new projects and as part of their continued expansion, it is our pleasure to now be partnering them in trying to secure a Quality Engineer on a permanent basis.
- On offer to the successful candidate will be a negotiable, albeit based on relevant experience, basic salary, together with a full benefits package and bonus.
- The role of the Quality Engineer is to ensure the manufacturing processes are compliant to the Quality Management system and ensuring customer requirements are met (or exceeded).
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the Quality Management systems and processes are adhered to at both Northamptonshire sites, including (and not limited to) Internal Product and Supplier Audits where required.
- Ensure customer quality requirements are embedded in all production processes including (and not limited to) CNC, Laminating Trim and Paint departments, by way of close interaction with Project Managers, Manufacturing Supervisors and Production Teams.
- Create and develop action plans with development heads to drive improvements in quality performance and close out any NCR’s raised.
- Supporting Production teams in using problem solving tools to implement permanent fixes to quality issues.
- Liaising directly with Suppliers and Customers to resolve non-conformance issues.
- Ensure the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation.
- Record, investigate and assist the Quality Manger, Projects and Production teams in the completion of Internal and customer NCRs and concessions.
- To assist when necessary with various project related tasks Own and maintain our organisation’s quality management system to ISO9001, IATF and Customer specific standards.
- Control of Quarantine process areas.
- Agreeing in-house standards while promoting quality achievement and improvement across the organization.
- Maintaining a constant awareness of the business context and company profitability.
- Creation and development of inspection manuals.
- Update and review PFMEA’s and control plans.
Qualifications and Experience ideally required:
- Should ideally be qualified with relevant Apprenticeship / Qualifications, although plenty of experience will need be considered if you haven’t got this.
- Should be an experienced Quality Engineer who has ideally working in a fast paced Automotive manufacturing environment or equivalent; better still who understands Composites, but this isn’t essential.
- Will ideally be Six-Sigma trained and experienced.
- Should have worked within an ITAF16949 environment and ideally have internal/external audit experience.
- Proven history in using Problem Solving techniques to drive reduction in quality issues.
- Will be experienced in processing / submitting PPAP requirements.
- Will be experienced in entering and updating IMDS requirements.
- Experience in running MSA studies (which may include visual criteria).
- Experience and proficiency in reading and understanding drawing requirements.
- Experience and competency in root cause analysis including management and feedback within a team environment.
- Experience in managing customer expectations both face to face and offline.
- Experience of deployment of Automotive visual standards.
- Using 3 and 5 Axis Probing equipment and a range of handheld measuring devices.
- Able to able to co-ordinate / run development groups for business improvement activities.
This position is available with immediate effect.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which our client is looking for, apply with your current and up to date CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Forbes HR (part of the Millbank Holdings Group) are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.