Section Engineer - Tunnelling Works
We have an exciting opportunity for a Section Engineer to join our Major Projects team to be based in Bridgewater.
As a Section Engineer, you will have the following accountabilities:
- You will assist the Construction Manager to facilitate surface arrangements and logistics for our tunnelling works at HPC
- You will ensure works are carried out within the approved method statements
- You will supervise and manage all aspects of quality control with the Tunnels.
- You will be required to work on a 10hr shift pattern Monday to Friday, including weekends (Days, Backs, Nights).
You will have the following:
- Hold a valid CSCS and SMSTS cards.
- Strong up to date technical knowledge of tunnelling and industry best practice in all aspects.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with team members under time pressure.
- Understanding of Government legislation and Company policy on all matters relating to safety and environment.
- Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
- Understand specified tolerances for work activities in progress.
- Ability to interpret drawings correctly and check for error.
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Experience in reinforced concrete structures
- Experience in shift work.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.