Senior Commissioning Engineer – NI Waste Process Systems
The HPC Commissioning Team is growing as part of its preparation to commission the first nuclear power station to be built in a generation at Hinkley Point C (HPC).
We are seeking an experienced senior commissioning engineer to form part of an expanding team and contribute their knowledge and skills to be a core part of one of the nation’s key infrastructure projects.
The owner of the position will oversee the preparation and delivery of the commissioning of the NI Process Systems, with a specific focus on waste systems.
- The Senior Commissioning Engineer’s role will evolve during the lifecycle of the project and combine technical knowledge with project delivery skills.
- At the early stages you will contribute to detailed planning and preparation. Following this, you will execute commissioning tests as part of a team and analyse the results to justify the readiness of the HPC units to safely enter commercial operation.
- The HPC commissioning team will be working with the Responsible Designer and the project’s contract partners to provide a suite of commissioning documentation combining technical test programmes with supporting safety justifications to influence and form part of the HPC Commissioning Arrangements.
- Building successful collaborative relationships with designers, contractors, the HPC project delivery team, site engineering and the plant operational organisation will be critical to ensuring that the interfaces with the commissioning process are properly defined and controlled.
- Accountable to a Commissioning Manager in the NNB HPC Project team
- Develop commissioning documentation relating to commissioning testing and system validation activities
- Contribute to design reviews to ensure layout of plant items and systems are in a manner that allows ease of commissioning
- Contribute to detailed planning of commissioning and take ownership of a programme of commissioning tests
- Take part in the execution of site commissioning activities including supervision of contractor commissioning personnel to achieve successful and safe commissioning of HPC systems
- Provide information to assist the Commissioning Manager and Senior Commissioning Manager in meeting project-level objectives and milestones
- Analyse commissioning results and provide reports summarising the outcome of commissioning
- Ensure that the commissioning process meets nuclear, environmental, and industrial safety regulatory requirements and that it reflects best practice in international safety and technical excellence
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Strong technical background in nuclear industrial
- Knowledge of nuclear power generation
- Experience of commissioning nuclear power plant
- Practical experience of Nuclear Plant systems commissioning
- Demonstrable history of working within safety and quality cultures
- Track record of major project delivery in a technical role
- Good communication skills and the ability to convey complex information to others
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience of working in a regulatory environment
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Familiarity with safety case process and design substantiation
- Knowledge of delivering to complex project programmes
- Commercial awareness with an understanding of the impact of change
- French language skills would be beneficial
- Experience of leading teams in a programme-driven project environment
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.