Project Engineer - Mechanical
We are recruiting for a Project Engineer to join a framework delivery team.
The Generation Services business team supports our key client in Energy Nuclear Generation with regards to their nuclear fleet in the UK.
- This is a key role within the Project Management Resource team which is spread across a UK network at all UK sites and stations.
- You will be part of a large client lead team at the Heysham Power Station location and this role will support multiple projects within their UK wide project portfolio which may include existing generation, nuclear defueling, nuclear new build and/or nuclear decommissioning.
- Everyone working in our team will have a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture.
Strong communication and organisational skills are a must with the ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focussed tempered with a team-centred approach.
- Typically, Chartered Engineer or HND Plus with extensive experience in specific engineering discipline e.g. Mechanical, Civil, C&I, Electrical etc.
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) qualification.
- Experience in Identifying, implementing, and complying with applicable safety, environmental, and quality standards, company procedures, and policies, and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Able to prepare and maintain engineering documentation including Quality Plans, plus the production of technical specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement, followed by the technical review of contractor's documents and drawings.
- Management of technical queries in accordance with process and procedures.
- Carry out technical appraisals of project options. Perform feasibility studies, site surveys, and liaison with designers and station engineering staff as required.
- Prepare Engineering Changes and manage the preparation of supporting and affected documents.
- Prepare commissioning documents and act as test team leader where appropriate.
- Candidates that hold the APMP formal project management qualification or equivalent and versed in modern project management techniques, are preferred but it is not essential.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.