Piping Calculation Engineer
The Piping section is in charge of the detailed design of 70 km of piping network for the HPC project. The role of the piping calculation engineer is to make sure that the pipe network and associated supports have been appropriately designed by performing piping calculations.
As a Piping Calculation Engineer, you will be in charge of;
- Gathering input data, preparing hypothesis notes and loading description reports
- Performing the piping flexibility calculations and calculation of piping supports
- Analysing the mechanical behaviour of the piping network with respect to the codified criteria,
- Proposing appropriate and proportionate modifications in case the sizing criteria are not met
- Producing the calculation notes
- You will also be involved in transverse workshops pertaining to the improvement of tools and methods.
- You will work in connection with an international community of piping engineers, spread in several company facilities – Malakoff (France), Bristol (UK) and Erlangen (Germany).
- You will be in interface with several stakeholder: system engineer to get operating condition, with layout and piping design team for the routing, equipment teams, valve team
- You are also responsible to contribute to UK-DC (modification process) in raising modification and/or defining the impact of modification created by others.
- You should be ready to work in a strong project mode, with high expectation in term of time delivery schedule but in always respecting quality.
Qualifications and Experience:
- First experience in piping calculation 2 years minimum.
- Knowledge of RCC-M code (section C3650 at least) and understanding of damage mode
- Knowledge of CALTUY/Pipestress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in previous EPR or other nuclear projects is desirable
- Experience of UK design context and regulatory processes
- High level of technical coordination
- Experience in ANSYS and in calculation of special piping component (fixed point, endplates)
- Experience in HVAC and Electrical supports calculation
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.