Senior Mechanical Engineer (Static)
This role will be member of the PMC Team, responsible for static equipment on major upstream, refinery, petrochemical or energy transition projects located in both domestic and international markets. Home office location is Milton Keynes, UK. Possible travel or expatriate assignments include other offices, Engineering or EPC Contractor Offices, Joint Venture partner offices or project construction sites. Projects based at multiple overseas locations with potential for UK-based work.
- Internally - engineers within company mechanical, process, and other disciplines.
- Externally - engineers and technical specialists from engineering Contractor, Licensor, Clients and equipment vendors.
Principal activities include:
- Development of specifications & standards for clients, along with concept development work.
- Development of tendering documents and scope of work documents for a wide range of projects.
- Evaluation and scoring of tenders from engineering or construction contractors.
- Review of Front-End Engineering [FEED] or EPC Contractor and vendor deliverables for conformance with contractual requirements, project specifications and international standards.
- Acting to support clients, as required, at all stages of the project.
- General work activities include collection and interpretation of engineering data, development of specifications and procedures, pro-active management of EPC contractors and vendor technical interfaces, leadership in resolution of scope changes and deviations, and coordination with other disciplines.
- Duties may also include reviewing client procedures, developing project, group and corporate working procedures and technical standards, staffing, forecasting, participating in the development of project schedules, maintaining completion of mechanical deliverables on schedule and change management.
Background and experience required:
- We are seeking motivated, creative, quality driven applicants with a minimum BSc Degree from an accredited university.
- Experience must include senior or lead mechanical engineer roles on major projects in home office or overseas locations.
- Familiarity with mechanical and packaged equipment engineering with a specialty in pressure vessels & heat exchangers is vital.
- Experience with UK or EU projects and knowledge of the Pressure Equipment Directive is essential. Candidate will be expected to be familiar with pressure equipment from a range of projects, preferably
- including high pressure vessels and reactors; high temperature vessels in CrMo materials; columns and column internals; and various heat exchangers.
- Some background in gasification technology, fired heaters or mechanical handling would be beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal skill and capability to anticipate problems, understand customer needs and provide proactive solutions in line with the organisation’s objectives.
- Ability to evaluate highly complex ideas, determine innovative solutions, present options along with advantages and disadvantages, be involved in decisions and final solutions.
- Good communication skills essential within a PMC role where there are interfaces with the Client, Contractors, Suppliers and company Project teams.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set that our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.