To be a member of the Valkyrie team and support daily build operations across several build stations. The technician is expected to liaise with build support staff including engineers (at all levels). Along with ensuring the highest quality of work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
With reference to work process sheets / engineering worksheets and supervisor's instructions:
- Cary out processes across build stations
- Control point audits ensuring vehicle meets VIS standards
- Maintain control point data collection and flags data input
- Train technicians in the process and standards required using the EASE system
- Manufacture / sub-assembly of relevant components from drawings
- Must work to the highest standard of work
- Adhere to the new BIQ standards, with buy-offs across all stations
- Carry out RIS updates/ rework sheets
- Adhere to company safety, housekeeping, and discipline standards
- Ability to work with drawings/ specification data
- Identify, by means of ECMS any improvements to or mismatches of parts operations that will assist in both product and/ or process quality improvements
- Storage of controlled substances/ components safely in correct location(s)
- Support quality, productivity. process improvements initiatives eg Kaizan, 6 sigma and PPS initiatives
- Carry out FLM and Lean activities
Qualification & Experience:
- Completion of an appropriate automotive mechanical apprenticeship (City & Guilds level 2 + or equivalent) and relevant experience / motorsport experience.
- High voltage understanding (Hybrid systems)
- Hydraulics understanding
- Carbon fibre work
- Ability to read, interpret and work to engineering drawings/ process sheets
- Good communication skills and a general understanding of computers including CAD
- Clean driving licence
- Candidates should be aware that they might be required to work away from base (e.g. at another plant or abroad) for short periods of time.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set that our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.