Mechanical Project Engineer
Due to an exciting period of growth which is seeing an increase in project wins, our client has an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Project Engineer to join the team at their Clients Manufacturing facility in Grangemouth.
- The role is within the Design Team which is made up of Client and company staff to carry out multi discipline design on various projects. There is a separate team undertaking the Mechanical and Electrical Construction work on site which you will be expected to liaise with.
You will be joining a business that invests in it’s people. You will be given a Personal Development Plan, including training and further education along with more responsibility. At the same time, you will be part of the global engineering organisation, which is a 5,000 strong community that can give you wider opportunities and the possibility to work abroad.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Working closely alongside design engineers and designers of varying disciplines, as well as with various other Client project stakeholders such as
- Plant Duty holders
- Process Engineering
- Construction & Planning
- The main objective of the role is the safe delivery of various projects on behalf of the Client.
- Projects are generally driven by H&S requirements, obsolescence, efficiency or capacity reasons.
- Projects generally range in value from £50k - £2.5m, and you’ll be expected to manage a portfolio of projects simultaneously taking these from definition design to detailed design, construction and project close out.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Delivering multi-discipline engineering projects throughout their entire lifecycle covering option development and evaluation, definition, estimating, design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover.
- Co-ordinating different disciplines and project stakeholders to deliver on time, within budget and to the required quality to meet the needs of the Plant.
- Knowledge and experience of mechanical areas such as piping (to ASME B31.3), rotating equipment, valves, pressure vessels and atmospheric tanks, heat exchangers, solids loading & powder handling systems (desired).
- Awareness (essential) of and/or some knowledge and experience (desired) of specialist areas such as pipe stress analysis through CAESAR software and vessel analysis through FINGLOW or PV Elite software.
- Awareness of relief streams.
- Awareness (essential) of and/or knowledge and experience (desired) of specialist areas such as Mechanical ATEX, PED, PER, PSSR etc.
- Sound knowledge on engineering materials.
- Sound understanding of PIDs and isometric piping drawings
- Site surveys and condition assessments.
- Mechanical equipment sizing, specification and selection. Including vendor data & drawing reviews and approvals and attendance of Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs).
- Knowledge and experience of embedding H&S compliance within projects through CDM, HAZOPs, DSEAR, PSSR and PER regulations.
- Leading development of and review/approval of mechanical work packages such as engineering drawings (piping isometrics, P&ID’s and layout drawings) and schedules and Bills of Materials to issue onto the construction team (‘Site Instructions’).
- Awareness (essential) of and/or knowledge and experience (desired) of areas such as estimating, producing business cases for projects, resourcing, procurement and tender analysis programming and project cost tracking.
- Experience of Site H&S requirements, Code of conduct and sound ethics as required by Professional bodies and employers.
- IT proficiency in word, excel and outlook.
- Experience within a client facing role and/or chemical manufacturing environment (desired).
- Familiarity with laser scanning and 3D modelling and other relevant innovative technologies within a design environment (for example Navisworks, desired).
- Familiarity with registered equipment inspection and plant integrity requirements.
- Value engineering.
Education / Qualifications / Experience:
- Technical education to degree level or suitable experience in specialist mechanical subject
- Member of an appropriate professional body (desired)
- Experience in chemical or oil and gas industry preferred, good experience with fluid handling equipment
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set that our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.