Lead Engineer Civil and Structural
Our client is a leading engineering and maintenance provider, supporting customers across the chemical & petrochemical, nuclear, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals & biopharma, power & energy, utilities, renewables and food & beverage markets. We enhance the efficiency of assets, ensuring a high level of availability and reducing maintenance costs.
- The Engineering Division is growing fast and our client need’s talent like you!
- This exciting new position is important to our growth strategy of providing high quality engineering, design and project services to our clients.
- As a key member of the UK Engineering Team you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most stimulating and ground breaking EPC projects in the UK.
- Professional development of our Engineering Team is key to our success and if you join us, you will be given a Personal Development Plan, including training and further education along with more responsibility.
- At the same time, you will be part of the global companies engineering organisation, which is a 5,000 strong community that can give you wider opportunities and the possibility to work abroad.
- Together with your team of engineers and designers you are responsible for the Civil and Structural (C&S) design within multi-discipline engineering, EPCM or EPC projects
- These projects will range from Concept Design to Execution Design
- The projects will be for different sectors (Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Energy, Utilities, Chemicals, Food), small and large projects, and greenfield and brownfield.
- You are responsible to manage and complete the C&S design within budget and planning. This includes change control and consistency of the C&S design with the other disciplines
- You are responsible for the quality of the C&S design
- You will participate in internal and external design reviews and you are responsible for the design acceptance by the client
- Depending on size and complexity you may be Lead Engineer C&S for one project, or for a portfolio of projects
- Make independent decisions on issues, providing expert technical support within C&S Engineering
If you have the following profile, then we are looking forward to meeting you:
- Experience as Lead / Senior Engineer C&S, in multi-discipline projects, in an Engineering / EPCM / EPC company, in one of the above-mentioned sectors
- Deep knowledge of C&S engineering and design, but you also have a sound knowledge of the other disciplines (Automation, Mechanical, Piping, EC&I and Process)
- MEng / BEng / HNC / HND in Civil and Structural Engineering
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (Preferred)
- Because of the variety of projects that we execute, we are looking for both experienced and less experienced candidates.
- Experienced with the production of civil and structural specifications, scopes of work, calculations, drawings and schedules
- Experience with the application of eurocodes within the UK Result oriented. You are only satisfied after your design is accepted by the client, you delivered top quality and the client is very satisfied with the performance of you and your team?
- You plan and organise your activities before you allow your team to start spending hours. You understand the dependencies of the engineering activities within the C&S discipline, but also the dependencies between C&S and the other disciplines. You have a ‘one time right’ mentality experienced with the main C&S design packages including, AutoCAD, AutoCAD 3D, Staad Pro, Tedds and all Microsoft office packages
- You delegate to your team, but at the same time you know exactly what is going on in your C&S discipline, and intervene if required
- You implement a solid change control procedure for your team, and you can convince the client of the budget and planning consequences of changes
- You can lead and motivate your team so that they achieve the targets, also in case of setbacks
- Are you already an experienced Lead engineer? Then you have pleasure in teaching and coaching the young generation C&S engineers and designers.
The client’s selection process consists of two interviews that can take place within two weeks. If you are still interested and we are still interested after the two interviews, then you will receive a job offer.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set that our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.