Rate: £12.19 per hour
Job Type: Contract
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 10 October 2017
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real. The purpose of this role is to ensure that all record/legal build requirements are maintained in accordance within area of responsibility.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Ensure problem resolution processes that focus on resolving issues as close to the team level as possible
• Removal of all ‘waste’ within the team’s area of responsibility such as non-value added work, rework and rejects.
• Enable team members sufficient time to complete work within their agreed area of responsibility, (including updating visual management), by relieving the Technicians on line assembly work.
• Lead the team to monitor, control and improve the quality level within the areas of identified responsibility. Company and Customer quality standards will be referred to at all times.
• Enable the team so that their area of responsibility can function at all times in terms of skilled labour, consumable materials and maintained equipment in order to achieve the required quality standards and delivery performance.
• Motivate and lead the team in the development of world-class performance in the establishment of housekeeping principals, 5S, compliance and adherence to safety/environmental regulations in line with a culture that leads to a team of self-discipline/control.
• Control and reduce all forms of waste using Kaizen, 5S, PPS and FTPM principles in order to meet departmental targets including cost, housekeeping, scrap reduction, off-std, reduction, rework and ISO14001.
• Enable the team to agree work standards with industrial engineers and implement man assignments/labour loading to achieve the required production and quality targets /standards. However lean principles should be used as a key driver in establishing standard processes, resource allocation and process/work area layout.
• Enable the team to achieve production schedules against master schedule, in accordance with Company Quality Standards, Policies, recording procedures, safety and production liability procedural requirements.
• Enable the key team members to update and maintain all visual management boards including AMPS, Quality and team communication boards, (within the technician’s defined area of responsibility).
• Plan and control training within the team in order to achieve team versatility requirements and job rotation within the local team and assembly areas. Maintain accurate and relevant skill matrices, versatility matrices and operator training sign-off sheets for all training and development.
Qualifications & Experience
• Demonstrate team leadership or supervisory experience.
• Ability to identify team strengths and weaknesses and facilitate training needs
• Business acumen to enable team reporting systems and procedures to operate effectively.
• Ability to use diagnostic tools to determine faults and lead a team in the rectification of such faults.
• Computer literate