Rate: £16.00 per hour
Job Type: Contract
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 04 January 2018
Working with the Facilities Director and the Senior Environmental Engineer you will be responsible for assisting with all environmental related tasks and issues relevant for maintaining a compliant ISO14001:2015 environmental management system. You will also be responsible for compiling environmental sustainability data to aid the completion of the company CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) and sustainability report. This data will include but not restricted to, energy consumption, GHG emissions, material & packaging usage, and transportation, all data to be collected in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Guidelines. This is a fixed contract for 12 months.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Assist with maintaining the ISO14001:2015 environmental certification.
• Gather relevant information and data from various departments companywide to aid the
completion of the AML CSR/Sustainability Report.
• Complete analysis of all energy and sustainability data and report to senior
• Liaise with senior management and other members of the CSR working group.
• Record all relevant data to an auditable standard, meeting GRI and ISO standards.
• Compile a documented process for the completion of future CSR reporting activities
meeting all relevant shareholder requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
• Applicants should have a good understanding of the environmental standard ISO14001:2015.
• Should preferably have or be working towards a relevant energy, sustainability or
Environmentally focused degree.
• Should preferably have an understanding of the UK energy and utilities sector.
• Should have a good understanding of the GHG protocol and GRI reporting guidelines.
• Should have a good understanding of environmental legislation connected to energy
• Have good communications skills and the ability to write clear, concise and accurate reports.
• Applicants should have a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office software,