Lead and support the Parts Purchasing team in all aspects of the service parts buyer role. Buying responsibility for a pre-defined range of commodities and management of key supplier accounts. Maximise the contribution from service parts through competitive sourcing, and support for all customer service level metrics on parts availability.
Coordinate team activities, commensurate with the department’s goal of maximizing the Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD) performance of our suppliers.
The successful candidate will be expected to mentor new buyers in the department and lead by example. They will take on specific ‘Senior Buyer’ tasks, which may include, but not be limited to, tracking Cost performance, representing the section as required and coordinating new model programme activities.
- Direct Supplier and Commodity management for a specific number of Commodities/Suppliers.
- Responsible for day to day monitoring of the purchasing performance and workload delegation.
- Responsible for PAD activities including objective setting and monitoring and development of the team and training metrics.
- First point of contact for buyer queries and escalation
- System support lead for purchasing on ERP implementation and development
- Deputising for Purchasing Management, as and when required.
- Representing Parts Operations at internal meetings and the support of Parts Supply performance metrics.
- Management and coordination of Service Parts Purchasing activities with relation to special editions and new model year programmes.
- Management and coordination of Service Parts Purchasing activities with relation to Cost, Delivery and Quality performance, for all models, both current, non-current and Heritage
- Coordinating with Quality personnel both at the Plant, resolutions to Supplier Quality concerns, ensuring timely and effective containment and long term resolution of each concern.
- Coordinating and managing RFQ approval process.
- Mentoring new starters, providing ‘on the job’ training to existing team members, and ensuring that the team are satisfactorily supported in their day to day work activities.
- Extensive experience within an automotive purchasing environment – experience of management of direct reports
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant commercial subject
- Member of CIPS desirable but not essential
- Understanding of the strategic role of the procurement function and ability to work at this level.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Office & specifically Excel/ PowerPoint skills would be an advantage.
- Additional language desirable but not essential
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.