Associate - Mission Critical Electrical Engineer
An opportunity for an Electrical Engineer with experience in Building Services is required for various UK-wide projects.
1. Are you degree-qualified in Electrical Engineering or another associated discipline? Or do you have another level of qualification, backed up by several years of relevant experience?
2. Do you have extensive electrical engineering experience within building services?
3. Do you hold a chartership with a relevant institution? (desirable)
Our client is looking to appoint an Associate Mission Critical Electrical Engineer into their UK Building Services practice.
When you join the Infrastructure division, you’ll get to see your ideas put into place on the design and engineering projects. You’ll work with a nationwide team who are all about keeping our critical infrastructure running. Whether it’s an airport, data centre, power station or transportation hub, you’ll find that no project is too big or complex for to handle.
You will work closely with bid teams to capture internal and external business opportunities in the above referenced sectors. You’ll have the capability to take a brief, provide a comprehensive Building Services bid response and lead our team to deliver mission critical project design services.
The location of this role is UK based. Your base will be negotiable with remote flexible working Encouraged. There will be a requirement to visit clients and sites as dictated by our projects.
- Degree qualified in the Electrical discipline and Chartered with a relevant institution
- Ability to influence senior management and peers within the industry and positively challenge
- Experience in the Mission Critical, Data Centre sector
- An astute Electrical Building Services Engineer of high technical standing
- Extensive project experience, necessitating high levels of technical competence
- Experience working on a variety of major multi-discipline design projects
- Demonstrable leadership and people management skills with the ability to run a team
- Good commercial awareness, business management skills and results orientation
- Customer focused with a high level of relationship management skills
- Confident ability with good communication skills and a professional approach to clients and other employees
- Ability to collate information and have a clear and structured approach to report writing
- Commercially aware and capable of identifying and securing internal and external project opportunities.
- Takes commercial responsibility for the delivery of the Building Services team engaged on projects.
- Bidding for project opportunities in compliance with business guidelines
- Project Cost Control.
- Generates good working relationships with internal and external clients and develops a client relationship management strategy.
- Takes responsibility for key client management for specific clients.
- Manages others performance to ensure customers receive a good service.
- Provides management, motivation, inspiration and leadership for the Building Services team engaged on projects.
- Undertakes appraisals and personal development plans for selected team members.
- Good team leader skills in order to grow the business.
- Recognises and develops talent in others; leads by example.
- Can identify and nurture talent in others to build a high performing and technically sound team
- Assumes full technical responsibility and operational accountability for Building Services team output on projects.
- Familiar with relevant industry standards and guidelines
- Comfortable in communicating and challenging other design team members to arrive at the optimum Building Services design solution.
- Has an engineering design background and able to fully demonstrate an ability to design and lead Electrical and Building Services teams.
- Extensive Electrical design experience in the construction industry.
- Able to demonstrate a full understanding of the key Building Services design considerations when working on projects.
- Produces and implements discipline tactical marketing plans and ensure monthly business activities are undertaken regularly.
- Develops marketing material, bid documents etc
- Customer focussed and builds, maintains and nurtures a high profile client base
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.