We are currently looking for a Cost Engineer to be based in Gloucester on a permanent basis. This role will be working for a major engineering consultancy.
This role will mainly involve…
- Develop project cost plans.
- Report plans v actual and forecasts and identify and explain variances.
- Manage the Change process. Identify corrective action plans and manage their implementation.
- Develop work cash flows and manage invoicing relationships.
- Communicate with both the project team and the management team to resolve cost issues.
- Report on Earned Value metrics and provide detailed analysis.
- Liaise with the project Planner to enable the project Schedule to be cost loaded.
- Assist in estimate preparation as directed by the Project Manager and Project Controls Manager.
- Provide cost data input to monthly project report.
- Presentation of cost reports/issues at Management meetings.
Here’s What You’ll Need…
- Minimum of five years’ experience delivering a similar role in Cost Engineering, Commercial Management or Quantity Surveying.
- Prior use of Project Controls Software Systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel.
- Problem solving and the ability to work within a dynamic team.
- Good team player, self-motivated and also able to work on own initiative.
- MS Office – proficient user.
- Degree qualified.
- Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Chemical), Science, Mathematics Project/Business Management/ Accounts/Risk Management background.
- Understanding of the UK Nuclear Power & Defence industries; including Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Legal and Environmental factors.
- Flexibility to travel to various UK locations – ad hoc basis to attend meetings.
- BPSS level security clearance required/must be able to obtain.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business