Control Electrical Project Engineer
To provide Control Electrical Project Engineering related activities for our chemical client based in Runcorn and related Capex Projects to ensure Engineering standards and targets are achieved with regard to SHE, Program, cost and quality. The company’s site is a major hazard site which has a large geographical foot print covering a significant area. The site manufacture’s and handles a range of chemicals, in addition the site is highly integrated both in the chemicals but also in the power, steam and services produced by and for third parties. The site is located in a highly populated area and could also have a significant environmental impact with local aquifers. Candidates must have Top Tier COMAH site experience due to the site being one.
- Work with project manager(s) to ensure that HSE Engineering Design requirements are documented and understood by all project participants
- Compliance with company Site Standards and HSE procedures
- Maintain HSE focus for project duration
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Minimise the potential impact of work activities or work sites on the environment
- Promote safe, healthy and environmentally friendly workplaces and behaviour, including workplaces and behaviour when not at work
- Acquire and maintain sufficient knowledge and awareness of the workplace environment to identify and manage work hazards and incidents.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- personal well-being
- healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- continuously improve health, safety and environmental performance.
- Proactively engage and prompt an effective relationship between the multiple stakeholders and interfaces relating to project Construction, Engineering and Commissioning functions.
- Maintain and build healthy client relationships throughout the project.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule issues as they arise relating to Construction, Engineering and Commissioning functions.
- Ensure Scope of works and designs provided by ‘other’ providers are in full compliance with company Site and HSE standards and interfaces are identified.
- Monitor Engineering activities, interdisciplinary data flow and communications to ensure the design builds and supports the construction and commissioning strategy Provide clear definition of scope ensuring full compliance with the companies Site and HSE standards and interfaces are identified.
- Effective change control process application
- Monitor scope delivery performance on an ongoing basis to identify issues and opportunities early and take pre-emptive action with the Project Manager.
- Ownership of the project schedule
- Timely and effective documentation turnover and project close-out.
- Ensure the correct systems are in place and that these are applied on the project to meet the project quality requirements.
- Compliance with companies and client’s policies and procedures.
- Implement lessons learned system
- Effective communications with the project team.
- Documented communication requirements.
- Accurate, timely & effective progress reporting to the Project Manager.
- Ensure all elements of the Engineering Scope are in line with the Project Quaintly requirements, that suitable FAT and site acceptance testing are defined, and completed in accordance with the Project Schedule.
- Ensure Engineering commissioning documentation, as defined by ICER 10 is completed in accordance with the Project Schedule and meets the expectation of the Project Commission Manager
£45-50 Ltd per hour
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business