Civil CAD Technician
We are currently looking for a Civil CAD Technician to be based in Cumbria on a 9 month contract working in the Nuclear industry.
The role requires the Civil CAD technician to provide specialist engineering design core skills to support the client This will involve the delivery of ‘Structural / Civil CAD Design drawings’ to support Life Time Plans (LTP) that best meets our customer’s needs both now and in the future. The work will typically include small to medium sized design tasks with a ‘quick turn-around’ to support plant / operations and projects. The candidate will be expected to produce the necessary CAD detailed design and specification tasks as required under direction from the Site Structural Engineer and others within the CS&A Plant Facing Design Office.
- ONC/HNC (or working towards) in Civil Engineering/Building Construction with min 1 yrs design experience. Desirable- Working towards accreditation with ICE or CIAT.
- Assisting architectural, civil/structural engineers with site surveys, conditional surveys, measured surveys and lazer scanning/point cloud surveys.
- Proficient in use of Autocad and working under direction from Structural Engineer(s) for the production of CAD civil design drawings, suitable for manufacture and installation, including input into method statements, risk assessments etc.
- Desirable- Familiarity and experience of working and complying with applicable SL Practices, standards, and engineering guides.
Occasional site surveys visits within active area- ability to become monitored worker.
- SL IT account holder preferred.
- Essential- Proficient use of AutoCad software.
- Desirable- use of Revit/BIM software.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.