Senior Quantity Surveyor
We are currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work with a large main contractor, supporting their work within the rail infrastructure sector.
Our client is a global construction and civil infrastructure contractor with over 30 years’ experience of delivering complex projects across 5 continents. They are currently seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to support their work on the Edinburgh Trams project
The role holder will manage contract administration, risk management and negotiation to help deliver the agreed profitability and cash projections.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Communicate and liaise with System sub-contractor.
- Advise on contractual issues.
- Ensure commercial compliance of current contracts, protecting the position of the company.
- Report to Commercial Manager about the subcontract status.
- Assist senior staff in pricing variations – this will not just be mechanical and electrical scope.
- Cost control.
- Support the Commercial and Contract Managers with monthly project cost reports and progress reports.
- Provide provision, when required to the rest of the team on managing other subcontract lifecycles, participating in procurement, tendering, contract administration, variations and work packages management.
- Measurement of quantities.
- Preparation of monthly financial statement of anticipated Final Account detailing status of variations (budget, submitted, agreed), in conjunction with project management.
- Assist with monthly work in progress reports in conjunction with project manager.
Experience & Qualifications
Suitable candidates should hold or be able to demonstrate:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years post graduate experience in a similar role.
- A good knowledge of NEC forms of contract (NEC3 or NEC4 option C).
- Good negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise work to deadlines and pay attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organisation ability combined with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively analyse and communicate complex ideas and information to a range of audiences and stakeholders.
- Familiar with IT software in particular the Microsoft suite; to include Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Word.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business