Our Client; a truly global leader in the manufacture of Specialist Vehicles and Survivability systems are experiencing substantial growth, which is being led by a healthy order book. As a result, we are actively seeking an experienced Buyer to support them a permanent basis to deliver procurement expertise for their vehicle programmes.
Reporting to their Head of Procurement, you will be accountable for the cost, time, and quality of supplied goods and services on multi-million-pound vehicle programs. You will provide strategic direction and subcontract management expertise to the internal bid teams and assist them in the winning of new business. Due to the nature of the role, we are not able to offer remote working and therefore you will need to be situated close to their offices in West Sussex.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Be a key point of contact for the project team, managing procurement dependencies across Quality, Product Development, Logistics, Production and Legal departments.
- Create the bid & project procurement strategies communicating clear cost, time and quality deliverables to key stakeholders.
- Support the sales function in winning new business through effective sourcing and accurate costing at early stages of product maturity.
- Creation and management of project budgets, establishing bill of materials costs at key stages of the product development cycle. Identification and pursuit of cost savings and efficiencies to exceed objectives.
- Lead the supplier nomination plan, ensuring robust evaluation of supply chain capacity and capability.
- Prioritising Engineering and Supplier Quality activities in line with supplier lead times and stock-in-plant dates.
- Subcontract management of key suppliers:
- Work-package management and implementation of subcontracts to ensure commercial & technical specifications meet customer requirements
- Ensuring compliance to contract, leading regular multifunctional reviews
- Management of subcontract changes
- Management of subcontract risk and opportunities, developing mitigation strategies where necessary.
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Lead the planning of materials requirements to production readiness and work collaboratively with the Logistics team to secure timely deliveries.
Qualifications and Experience:
- You will ideally have your CIPS qualification, however, times served experience will be considered.
- Proven supply chain management experience within automotive, engineering and manufacturing industries
- You will need to have demonstrable experience working within the automotive / defence sector
- An excellent understanding of technical drawings, design intent and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to manage low-level maturity design and skilled in cost estimating.
- Planning & implementation skills, able to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Strong negotiation skills are key to the role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of SAP and similar ERP systems
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business