CAD DPA Supervisor
Our Client is a globally recognised leader in the supply and manufacture of high technology electrical and electronic components for the automotive sector. As a result of a recent upturn in business requirements, we are actively supporting them in finding an experienced Cad Supervisor to join the team on a permanent basis.
As the CAD Supervisor, you will be taking full management responsibility for the DPA (Digital Pre-Assembly) Team and become the interface of the business with a major customer in the area. Digital Pre-Assembly is an exciting approach to virtual manufacturing of the vehicle and allows engineers to collaborate more wholly on the vehicle to digitally piece together the final assembly process. It’s a unique system they are using and therefore the Cad Supervisor must have previous experience operating within a DPA environment.
This is a truly exciting time to be joining an already well-established team of industry experts as they continue to grow and deliver exceptional engineering services to their clients. For those willing to consider relocation, this is an environment that promotes from within and offers long-term stability. All members of the team are enrolled on a world-class training and development programme, which has supported and inspired many of their members to achieve their full potential.
- Full functional supervision of the DPA team members
- Lead DPA0/1 process with support of DPA engineers
- Manage interface to customer for DPA0/1 status and tracking
- Interface to R&P and CAD teams to ensure timely resolution of DPA issues
- Interface to Customer engineers, supervisors and managers for DPA issue escalation
- Lead cross functional team to create and present CPS (Customer Campaign Prevention Specialist) performance documentation for DPA issues where the required clearances cannot be met by design.
- Support key customer meetings representing the CAD / R&P teams where required
- Review 3D design issues and advise engineers on potential solutions
- Train and Coach engineers in EDS R&P 3D design principles
- Support ECAR and Virtual Build processes at customer where required
- Point of escalation for team members for technical issues
- Responsibility for the team’s development and performance management processes
- Ensure team are informed of and trained on new customer, internal and industry standard specifications and requirements
- Plan engineering resource requirements to fit to project
Qualifications & Requirements:
- The successful candidate will ideally degree educated in electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering. For those without a degree in the relative fields, but demonstrate extensive time served experience, will also be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- You will have sound experience in 3D-Design with CATIA and Team Centre
- Experience of leading and developing teams
- Expert knowledge of DPA (Digital Per-Assembly) process
- Understanding of EDS design and development process
Please note: Unfortunately our client is not able to offer work permits, visas or sponsorships. If you do require any of these to work in the UK regrettably we won’t be able to progress your application further. Please speak to a member of our team if you are unsure of the visa requirements.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.