Our Client is a globally recognised leader in the supply and manufacture of high technology electrical and electronic components for the automotive sector. They have an exceptionally strong order book with a major customer in the region and are investing heavily in the meaningful expansion of their engineering department. As a result, we are recruiting an experienced Project Coordinator to join their team on a permanent basis.
We have supported this client for many years and this is a truly exciting time to be joining a well-established team of industry experts as they continue to grow. On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive salary in addition to a fully comprehensive benefits package including pension, private health care, medical cash plan and tailored reward schemes.
At the heart of the business is an established culture that promotes from within. To support their employees in achieving their own career ambitions, our client offers exceptional training and development opportunities which are annually reviewed to enable their staff to progress within the company.
Another unique factor of the role is their hybrid working structure. This will allow you to divide your time between the office and home. There are aspects of the role that will require you to be in the office or onsite with the customers, but when this isn’t a requirement they are happy for you to work remotely and encourage you to do so.
- Support the Project Leader with all project related tasks
- Interface to the customer engineering and project management team to present project status and report on open issues
- Arrange, facilitate and support meetings with the engineering design, drafting and manufacturing teams and assist with documentation
- Follow up open issues and drive resolution to support program timing
- Ensure project documents are stored in correct location and accessible to team
- Collate and track engineering timing to be incorporated into the programme timing plans.
- Ensure open issues are resolved in a timely manner by assisting the engineering teams where required.
- Run and facilitate regular meetings for best practice and lessons learned, to ensure continuous improvement
- Lead the Change Management Process for engineering for the project
- Interface to the customer engineering and project management team to present change management and releasing status and report on open issues
- Define release timing in BEAMS and internal release tracker file as directed by the Project Leader
- Track progression of each release through the change management system
- Create 'Content of Release' documentation and distribute to team
- Review PR's and STA's for accuracy and completeness, feedback to engineering team for changes / corrections
- Create, publish and track drawing release KPI status
- Create BEAMS work-orders for each release
- Track drafting status for each release with 2D drafting team
- Publish draft drawings to engineering team for checking
- Collate and track draft drawing check status
- Review, check and publish finalised drawings in BEAMS
- Interface to CAD releasing team for drawing upload to customer
- Review program timing plans and ensure Functional and Cross Functional reviews are scheduled to support program timing
- Define deliverables for each FR and CFR and complete checklists with engineering Project Leader
- Schedule, facilitate and provide documentation for Engineering Functional and cross functional reviews.
- Highlight any engineering risks and escalate to Project Leader and Program Manager
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Professional Diploma in Electrical, Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or Project Management
- High attention to detail and timing requirements
- Ability to communicate at all levels and across cultures
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated, proactive and excellent team-player
- Flexible, adaptable, diplomatic attitude
Please note: Unfortunately our client is not able to offer work permits, visas or sponsorships. If you do require any of these to work in the UK then regrettably we won’t be able to progress your application further.
If you’re interested in joining a world leading supplier and feel you have the necessary skills for the position then please get in touch!
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business