Project Engineer - Chassis Mounting Systems
Our Client, a World recognised and respected Automotive OEM Manufacturer based in rural Warwickshire are actively seeking a Project Engineer - Chassis Mounting Systems.
This role is 6-month contract Project Engineer with the engineering responsibility for the design and development of chassis mounting systems and components, from concept to production.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Lead the design & release of powertrain to chassis mounting systems and components, to include: Engine hydromounts
& brackets, transmission hydromounts & brackets, e-motor & differential mounts, tuned mass dampers and powertrain
- Lead Chassis CAD engineers to deliver concept system layout and component package maturation.
- Collaborate with Vehicle Dynamics, NVH and Chassis Simulation teams to develop performance targets and primary
concepts for powertrain mounting systems for early prototype build phases through to production.
- Manage external suppliers to design and develop systems and components that meet specified requirements and
targets, and ensure parts are delivered on time and to the required quality standard.
- Work closely with Commodity Lead and Chassis Integration teams to enable swift and accurate deployment of
components and systems across all vehicle model lines.
- Work with Vehicle Attribute team to deliver tunable components which meet performance targets and freeze dates.
- Lead DFMEAs, quality history reviews, robustness studies, and control DVP and Final Engineering Sign Off reporting.
- Lead rig testing for system validation. Support vehicle and rig tests with prototype components where required.
- Keep abreast of technical developments within the industry and conduct benchmarking studies to determine best
practices/designs & future trends. Analyse and recommend suitability of carry-over or modular systems to optimise
- Produce Design Manuals, Engineering Standards & Specifications and best practice documentation to aid ‘Right First
Time’ system delivery.
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant component engineering experience within an automotive OEM or automotive components supplier.
- Good working knowledge of compliant mounting systems and their function with respect to dynamics, NVH and crash performance.
- Good working knowledge of VIS Mockup and Teamcenter
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of MISSION or an equivalent Product Creation System such as GPDS, FPDS, AMPCS.
- Knowledge of Engineering Quality processes and tools such as D-FMEA, 6-sigma, 8D
- Ability to work as part of a small team and actively participate in creation and development of innovative design solutions within the R&D environment
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which the client is looking for, apply with your current and up to date CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.