Global Dealer Standards & Performance Consultant
Our client, a World recognised and respected Automotive OEM Manufacturer based in rural Warwickshire are currently seeking a highly skilled and passionate Global Dealer Standards & Performance Consultant to join their team on a permanent basis. On offer to the successful candidate is a negotiable basic salary along with full benefits package.
You will be involved in the development of Global activities to ensure their Dealer network uphold the highest ultra-luxury standards and implementation of measurements to drive performance in the pursuit of excellence. Working closely with global teams and suppliers this role is key in setting the standards and defining measurements that will define as the world’s most desirable ultra-luxury British performance brand.
Key Duties & Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- You will continually keep the Dealer Operating Standards up-to-date and relevant. Manage regional variations where appropriate and continually engage with teams to ensure adherence to standards globally
- Lead the development and implementation of future standards and performance measurement projects
- Co-ordinate input from across the company and regional offices to ensure Dealer Operating Standards fully reflects the very latest company standards and direction.
- You will be responsible for the management of Dealer Operating Standards audits to ensure Dealers are compliant and identify opportunities for improvement
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to influence decisions ensuring they achieve their objectives
- Co-ordinate and measurement of Variable Dealer Margin programme to ensure that Dealers are targeted and rewarded for excellent performance
- Review their Variable Dealer Margin programme to ensure performance measurements are correct and striving for excellence
- Roll out and manage the new Mystery Shop programme, liaising with external suppliers and Regional Teams
- You will review the results with the regions to identify individual Dealer training requirements and develop resulting action plans.
- While implementing a new ‘Commercial Terms’ process which formally communicates key commercial objectives and expectations to dealers.
- Ensure data integrity across all projects to ensure correct measurement of dealer performance that underpins action planning.
- Work in collaboration with other members of the Network Performance team to support projects that can lead to greater insight and support for Regional Teams and Dealers
Qualification & Experience (you will ideally possess):
- You will have a strong project and research background
- Strong background in setting standards and measuring compliance
- You will have excellent planning and organisation skills with a strong ability to think strategically.
- Very good analytical skills and ability to work with complex sets of global data.
- Possess great presentation skills (written and verbal) and ability to use PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and an ability to simplify complex analysis to non-expert stakeholders
- Comfortable with negotiating key business requirements
- Working with business Composite data and an understanding of relevant financial information and reporting
- You will have working knowledge of automotive/car dealership business model
- In addition, knowledgeable of systems such as Salesforce, Tableau and Power BI
- Educated to degree standard
- Strong Project Management and organisational skills, manage conflicts (where required)
- An interest in industry trends and the commercial context of Network Performance
If this is reflective of your experience, I’d love to hear from you. Apply with your current and up to date CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Forbes HR (part of the Millbank Holdings Group) are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.