Piping Design Engineer - JDO
The position of Piping Design Engineer aims at support the field design activities for the piping discipline. It will lead to handle different interfaces with several disciplines and coordinate the activities in order to solve open points raised during on-site installation of pipework and associated supports.
It will require you to liaise with several stakeholders from engineering team to installation companies.
- Assess and answer technical issues arising during construction works, erection, commissioning and testing
- Resolution of open points and design changes related to piping discipline which requires:
- The knowledge and understanding of design requirements defined in code, norms, and specification
- Geometrical analysis with 2D/3D design software’s
- The performance of strength of material analysis and/or finite element stress calculation, if needed
- Red-lining or updating of drawings
- Redaction of a technical answer
- Set in place processes and methods to perform the above previous activities especially for redundant open points
- Working in connection with an international community of piping engineers, spread in several EDVANCE facilities – Malakoff (France), CNEPE facilities (Tour), Bristol (UK) and Erlangen (Germany).
- Interface with several stakeholder: system engineer to get operating condition, with layout and piping design team for the routing, equipment teams, valve team, installation companies, project management …
- Contribution to UK-DC (modification process) in raising modification and/or defining the impact of modification created by others; contribution to the definition of design configuration.
- Ready to work in a strong project mode, with high expectation in term of time delivery schedule but in always respecting quality.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Science, mechanical engineering degree
- First experience of 2 years minimum in design, procurement and installation of pipework and associated supports
- Knowledge of RCC-M code
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D design softwares
- Knowledge of piping and support calculation tools
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Knowledge of the HPC project or previous EPR and associated studies/doctrine is a real asset
- Experience in the management of transverse technical topics
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which our client is looking for, apply with your current and up to date CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.