Commercial - Payments Manager
As Commercial Payments Manager you will manage and deliver valuation, application and invoicing processes and the review and certification processes of subcontractor accounts across the projects in line with contractual arrangements to ensure cash-flow.
- Leads on providing applications and assessments of payments according to the companies financial timetable and internal and client reporting requirements
- Develops and produces cost reports to support project performance reporting, management accounting and valuation activities
- Provide actual costs in accordance with the respective work breakdown structure and capture all cost base requirements to ensure accurate reporting and timely decision making.
- Collate and analyse relevant data and information to prepare accurate and timely application and assessment reports on projects to ensure costs are controlled and liabilities are identified and managed.
- Maintain cost provisions/accruals information, including POs, materials, labour, subcontractors, plant etc, ensuring project costs are detailed and controlled.
- Carry out cost analysis across all project resources, including prelims, plant, equipment, materials, labour and subcontracting identifying opportunities to maximise value and control costs.
- Develops and produces audit requirements in accordance with Schedule of Cost Components and/ or other matrices as required.
- Ensure accurate cash-flow and collection reporting takes place
- Maintains and updates PaaF register including creation of BPT PaaF requirements with HR
- Takes ownership of applicable external rates and annual or other update requirements.
- Sets tasks and deliverables for QS support services
- Supporting Activities
- Maintain data tracker on project costings to audit and financial reporting.
- Help to ensure that commercial processes are adhered to across the Project and actively seek to improve processes and procedures.
- Proactively work with the team providing positive input and support with ongoing project activities and ad hoc requirements
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance team working approaches to ensure continuous improvement and efficiencies are achieved
- Support the preparation and deliver cost and value forecast and budget data to ensure cost management and identify potential variances.
- Prepare the necessary documentation and reports for Early warnings and Compensation events.
- Continually update knowledge and understanding to maintain CPD
- 5+ years in similar commercial role in a contracting organisation
- Knowledge of NEC forms of contract
- Experience of Nuclear sector
- Knowledge of best practice reporting, estimation and cost analysis
- Strong track record of delivering cost reporting and management
- Excellent communication, numeric and computer literacy skills
- Ability to use spreadsheets to interpret and collate financial data
- Relevant HND/Degree qualification in QS or equivalent
- Association of Cost Engineers (ACostE or MCostE) or equivalent
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set that our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank Holdings Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Millbank is proud to be a member of the ‘Disability Confident Scheme’.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.