Consultant / Project Manager
Part of the full project life cycle from initial inception, detailed design, through to delivery and project completion.
You, as the Consultant / Project Manager will be responsible for works within the feasibility, detailed design and procurement stages within a project’s life cycle.
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously within Industrial & Commercial (I&C) and retail sectors, being the clients point of contact for all utility works you will work alongside the client, multi-discipline design teams, ICP/UIP’s and statutory network operators to ensure projects are accurately designed, costed and co-ordinated to meet planning, design, and delivery milestones.
- Procurement of Point of Connection (PoC) and firm costs for new utility connections, disconnections, and diversions.
- Production of utility assessment reports at feasibility, detailed design, and pre-construction stages during project life cycle.
- Facilitating production of coordinated utility service drawings (new supplies and existing network).
- Production of budget costs for new utility installation, disconnection and diversion works.
- Defining project scope, to determine constraints, timescales, and delivery risk & abnormalities.
- Design co-ordination throughout project lifecycle, liaising with UCL team, client, design teams and subcontractors.
- Implementation of works in line with agreed project timescales, costs, and client requirements.
- Regular reporting to client and appointed design & construction teams throughout project lifecycle.
- Attendance to client, contractor, and sub-contractor meetings.
- Site attendance during key-project milestones and throughout delivery.
- Managing client and contractor/subcontractor relationships.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Preferably with previous experience working with Multi Utility Consultancy, project management or civil engineering areas, with an understanding of electricity, gas, water, and telecoms distribution networks.
- Working within a fast-paced environment you will be able to effectively priorities and manage your workload, planning and allocation of resources.
- Proficient in MS Office to enable production of detailed technical reports at pre-planning, post-planning, detailed design, and construction stages of projects.
- Full driving licence as travel to and from sites and client offices will be required whilst undertaking the role.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary negotiable (based on experience)
- Employee bonus scheme
- Car allowance
- Holiday Entitlement 23 days + Bank Holidays
- Flexible working
- Company Pension Scheme
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set that our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.