Prototype Part Chaser
Our Client, a World recognised and respected Automotive OEM Manufacturer based in rural Warwickshire are actively seeking a Prototype Part Chaser.
To support Prototype Operations, in coordination of parts in and out of stores. Assisting supervisor with day to day running of stores to ensure that a robust schedule is maintained for pre-production builds. Support monitoring of stock picks and storage of parts using KPIs.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Key point of contact for booking inbound/outbound ‘Orders’ – i.e. Transport Log / Record deliveries and coordination i.e. contact relevant suppliers, buyers, engineering; and follow up when required.
- Responsible for parts stock validation and stock integrity
- Checking ‘Inspect’ and ‘In-Gate’ parts status – contacting Quality to get parts moved out of ‘Inspect’ and moving parts into stock.
- Tracking and reporting parts supply issues - seeking root cause; investigating concerns with internal customers, third party logistics, storage providers and parts suppliers.
- Supporting Supervisor with admin – i.e. CCARs, 5S, scrapping parts, MSTNs, Coordinating training log/audit checks, interface with office and engineers with regards to prototype parts.
- Use the parts trackers (Microsoft Excel) to log current delivery timing and status comments to enable accurate and up to date reporting for build.
- Support Generate part shortages reports and communicate to Stake holders
- Booking in and invoice queries
- Understanding of BOMs with part tracking information gathered from different PMT areas (Engineering, MP&L, Purchasing, and Finance).
Qualification & Experience:
- Broad vehicle systems knowledge and understanding of prototype builds.
- Microsoft Office tools – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams.
- Understanding of Vehicle Parts / CAD Drawings.
- Good communication skills & ability to speak to suppliers on a daily basis.
- Outgoing and approachable with the ability to clearly communicate information.
- Disciplined and methodical and able to work with multiple demands.
- Prioritize multiple tasks on a day-to-day level
- Must be flexible and able to communicate at all levels
- Advanced Excel skills
- Engineering experience from time spent in Automotive
- Some form of higher qualification HDC/D / Automotive Experience
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which the client is looking for, apply with your current and up to date CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank Holdings Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Millbank is proud to be a member of the ‘Disability Confident Scheme’. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.