Our Client is currently seeking a Project Planning Engineer, based in Didcot to assist with the delivery of a portfolio of nuclear engineering and defence sector projects.
We are assisting a leading engineering & project management contractor that specialises in the delivery of projects in highly regulated industries that include defence, oil & gas, nuclear and research.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities as a Senior Project Planner
- Draft programmes in conjunction with the Project team for approval by the Project Manager
- Discuss & agree resources and timescales with the Project Manager
- Ensure all activities within the Project scope of work are included in programmes
- Issue programmes of work in accordance with Document Control system
- Gather information from design team, subcontractors, client for progress reporting purposes
- Responsible for updating the project plan throughout the project lifetime
- Maintain cause and effect records in liaison with the Project Manager
- Regularly update the project resource plan and discuss peaks and troughs with the Project Manager
- Manage progress reporting against the programme
- Pursue sub-contractors programmes & ensure alignment with those of the project
- Operate change control in line with the Project contract requirements
- Recommend delivery and sequencing strategies to the Project Manager based on project knowledge
- Recommend internal Project Control Process Improvements and undertake quality checks
- Provide client performance data and reports as required
- Minimum HND or equivalent level of qualification is required
- PC literate in Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of using Project Planning software (Primavera) is required.
- Demonstrable competence gained in a planning/scheduling role
- Experience of working within a project delivery environment
- Full knowledge of the Project Lifecycle
- Must have no barriers or objections to obtaining security clearance
- Knowledge of change management / change coordination processes would be an advantage
- Current security clearance would be preferred, but not essential.
This would be a great opportunity for both civilian and ex-military or military leavers with a planning background (Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force, Ministry of Defence).
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.