Senior Quantity Surveyor
We are working in partnership with a client that provides technical expertise and commercial insight to deliver asset and infrastructure projects worldwide. They are a multidiscipline engineering consultancy that are technical specialists to support every point of a project's lifecycle for their clients.
Our client’s Cost Consultancy business provides high quality, high value advisory services in support of the strategic development, creation and management of sustainable assets. Due to its continued success they are looking to further increase their capacity and capability with the appointment of a Senior Quantity Surveyor with a strong consultancy background.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will work closely with other regional offices, forging strong working relationships internally and externally with our clients, becoming part of their integrated project teams. Involved in a large portfolio of exciting development opportunities ranging from private to public sector, small scale to in excess of £100m and from feasibility and assessment stage through to completion you will have the opportunity to work autonomously and as part of a wider thriving team, enhancing your existing skill set and ensuring your role and responsibilities remain diverse.
Skills & Experience:
Suitable candidates will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Full membership of a recognised professional body or working towards full membership (eg RICS)
- Sound knowledge and proven experience in guiding and developing quantity surveying, employer's agent best practice and innovation
- Able to deliver a contemporary quantity surveying and employer's agent service focused on client satisfaction
- Able to provide an efficient, collaborative, well governed service using modern management techniques to deliver our projects successfully
- Experience working on major projects with a demonstrable track record of a high standard of technical delivery
- Experience managing both internal and external project teams
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with the capacity to build strong working relationships at all levels
- A strategic thinker, able to convey ideas both verbally and in report form to clients, external stakeholders and the design team
- Able to adapt strategies in line with changing priorities
In return for your dedication, you will enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You will also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals. We will also give you an extra days’ leave for your birthday each year.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.