Principal Waste Management Consultant
A key role is available for a Principal Waste Management Consultant to join a leading consultancy that focuses on the delivery of key projects within the nuclear sector. They have strong growth plans for 2019 and this role will be instrumental to the business, by leading the waste management and characterisation team and liaising with their key clients and delivering projects related to nuclear sites across the UK.
The successful candidate(s) will have relevant experience of working in the nuclear industry, be able to deliver technically, project & framework management and assist in the future growth.The successful candidate(s) should be self-motivated and have established technical expertise in the area of radioactive waste management. Excellent communication skills are required for the production and presentation of proposals, and the writing and peer reviewing of technical documents. The vacancy provides an excellent opportunity for those wishing to develop their careers technically and commercially.
Work on a range of consultancy projects for customers including radioactive waste producers, radioactive waste management organisations and regulators, both in the UK and overseas. Work includes a wide variety of activities across the areas of integrated radioactive waste management, spent fuels and nuclear materials and site investigation/land quality. Depending on the specialisms of the applicant, work could include:
- Development of waste characterisation and management strategies
- Delivery of technical waste characterisation and management projects from project inception to final reporting;
- Consideration of approaches for radioactive waste characterisation, management, treatment, packaging and disposal;
- Production and support of the development of bids and proposals;
- Development of skills in more junior members of the team.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Proven experience in the nuclear industry
- Ability to develop technical work and oversee the work of others.
- Able to work in multi- disciplinary teams;
- Preparation of proposals and development of commercial activities.
- Able to lead interactions with customers.
- Flexible, innovative and able to work on a number of varied projects.
- Will need to be able to obtain appropriate security clearance.
- A good first degree (2:1 or better) or higher degree in a physical science or chemistry.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.