Managing Surveyor / Commercial Manager
An opportunity is available for a Managing Surveyor/Commercial Manager to join the project team, based in either Egremont or Malton.
The Commercial Manager will play a key role on the project team for a high profile UK nuclear project. The role will require manager ongoing commercial relationships with suppliers and the site license company.
- Assisting business directors with commercial guidance / positioning.
- Manage associated commercial / procurement resource in the successful delivery of activities.
- Resolving contractual and commercial issues.
- Offering direction and instruction regarding commercial matters (Commercial advisor) with project / procurement managers.
- Discovering areas that are not in keeping with regulation practices.
- Reviewing, scrutinizing current / future contractual terms across both Nuclear / Aerospace industries.
- Ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of contract exposures are clear to all parties.
- Commercial risk analysis and identifying risk mitigation options commensurate with business winning or customer management strategy.
- Ensuring that all stakeholders, such as administration, operations, and finance understand and adhere to contractual obligations; reflecting them accurately.
- Support functional activities – developing / formulation of commercial processes.
- Negotiation and agreement of final accounts from both a Client’s and Contractor/Supplier’s perspective.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- A proven record of success in senior-level general or commercial management, preferably in a related industry.
- Experience of management of people and resources.
- A wide knowledge of the industry.
- An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
- Political and presentational skills with an appreciation of the demands of conflicting interest and of meeting statutory requirements.
- A strong operational understanding of latest commercial terms (e.g. NEC3) and abilities in operating under discreet contractual terms & conditions / flow-down requirements.
- Excellent management skills covering; leadership, decision making, planning, time management, analytical, problem solving, organisational, interpersonal and communication.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.