Assistant Financial Controller
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Financial Controller to join a busy finance department working on one of the UK largest refinery’s.The Assistant Financial Controller will be required to support the Financial Controller with the financial and management reporting for the business and the refinery.
The Assistant Financial Controller will be the Key Contact for auditors throughout statutory account process and ensuring account compliance for the UK entities.
You will also be responsible for carrying out;
- Coordinate the audit process for the company
- Producing the UK monthly IFRS reporting pack and report to Group
- Budget preparation and modelling including all Financial analytical reviews.
- Management of Inventory Monetisation Transaction
- Assist in driving process improvements and automation of finance processes.
- Prepare annual financial statements
- Assist Financial Controller/Finance Manager in various financial performance analysis and month end transactions
- Coordinate with Pension actuary on IAS 19 report, agree assumptions, review report etc.
- Coordinate with Tax consultant on the Tax provisions for annual accounts
- Ad-hoc pieces of work /projects (IT/IFRS/AUP etc.) including Board notes
- Review Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss schedules on monthly basis to ensure timely actions are taken to maintain accurate reporting/presentation
- We are looking for an ACA/ACCA qualified Chartered Accountant, with;
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of IFRS.
- Hands on experience of audit processes
- Management accounting experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to handle and resolve issues independently is essential.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.