This position reports to the DVP Test Engineer or his designee and is located in the West Midlands, UK. Responsible for the assembly and servicing of the client’s high-end motorsport pedigree vehicle both trackside and at their factory. You will lead and assist your team of Mechanics throughout the build process, coordinating the assembly in a methodical manner whilst adhering to strict deadlines and quality standards. You will be required to direct your crew during Manufacture, Tests and Customer events ensuring that the car operates in a professional and safe manner at all times whilst guaranteeing that Engineering requirements and changes are met promptly and accurately.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Promote Teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Ensure that the car is built consistently to the highest standards and meets the relevant set up parameters and all the criteria of the build specification.
- Accountable for the condition and appearance of the car which should be maintained to the highest levels constantly.
- Required to demonstrate a company focused attitude organizing and guiding your team whilst keeping morale high when fulfilling often difficult goals set by Design, Engineering and Management to meet the company’s expectations for future success.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and condition of your work area, the test garage, the factory and all tools and equipment.
- Following Engineering procedures and protocols as dictated by the client pertaining to assembly, operation and safety.
- Record and feedback parameters and incidences as they occur or as requested by the Engineering group.
- Assist in the set up and operation of the garage and its infrastructure.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Chief Mechanic.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous experience as a No 1 Mechanic gained within the field of Formula 1 or LMP1 will be preferred however consideration will be given to a candidate who can demonstrate a sound record of service within the industry.
Specialised Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to follow complex technical drawings and procedures.
- A solid mechanical aptitude gained in the Motorsport arena.
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards with an exceptional attitude towards attention to detail.
- You should be comfortable discussing Engineering solutions and requirements and demonstrates basic computer skills.
- Basic fabrication and machining skills.
- An empathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to lead and coordinate a group.
- A can-do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
- Computer knowledge is essential, preferred experience in Microsoft Office and experience of life tracking software.
- A strong relationship builder with a collaborative approach.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
- An ability to work and prioritise within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require extensive domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
- This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids.
- Paying up to £26.00 per hour.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.