PMST Leader Interiors
This role sits within the Interiors team of our automotive function
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive and control the detailed design and product development.
- Detail the design concept and layout. Ensure concept is carried through design details into product delivery.
- Ensure robust, innovation engineering design is implemented and integrated through all level of the product commodity.
- Complete DVA on all design interfaces, considering and demonstrating all process and manufacturing inputs at part, sub and final assembly stage. Ensuring the location strategy of the parts exceeds craftsmanship expectations.
- Take ownership for and drive the resolution of issues.
- Manage and monitor engineering deliverables.
- Deliver designs that meet/exceed targets for concepts, feasibility, packaging, clearance zones, mass, performance, safety, legislation, and quality on time.
- Ensure “engineering design to cost principles” are fostered and implemented into the design.
- Develop interior commodity timing plan for area of responsibility from concept to Job1 plus 90d aligned to the VPP.
- Liaise with all stake holders and key interfaces as appropriate.
- Define, monitor and manage surface released delivery plan.
- Generate, collate and monitor budgets relating to piece cost, tooling and ER&D.
- Maintain change management system at commodity level.
- Manage risk and opportunities at commodity level.
- Generate risk and issue management at commodity level, Drive identification of risks and issues, record consistently, co – ordinated, risk mitigation, escalate as required.
- Own and develop DVP test plan at commodity level and negotiate. Monitor and deliver on time the DVP completion to program timing.
- Develop commodity level DFMEA. Establish clear boundary diagram interfaces and feed into system level DMEA. Ensure DFEMA is implemented into design.
- Design for manufacturing principles to be adopted and implemented into the design
- Draft and issue product design specification for the commodity.
- High level of tenacity and drive to deliver in a challenging environment.
- Ability to manage difficult situations.
- Experience of interior commodity product launches – Concept to launch.
- In-depth knowledge of interior trim manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Understanding of PPAP process and deliverables.
- Ability to competently present at management level.
- Self-starter, motivated and driven to be successful and succeed.
- Ability to meet project timescales.
- Able to work as a team and integrate whilst challenging.
- Ability to resolve issues independently.
- Present finding in a concise, accurate, detailed way.
- Hands on user of Microsoft office, project, Visio, Share point, PLM.
- Ideally experience of working in a major interior first tier supplier coupled or an OEM environment.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.