We are assisting a leading engineering & project management contractor that specialises in the delivery of projects in highly regulated industries that include defence, oil & gas, nuclear and research.
They are currently seeking a Project Planner to join their Project Management team in their Harwell office, to support a growing workload within the defence and nuclear engineering sectors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Planning Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Draft programmes in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Discuss & agree resources and timescales with the Project Manager
- Ensure all activities within the scope of work are included in programmes
- Issue programmes of work in accordance with Document Control system
- Gather information from design team, subcontractors, client for progress reporting purposes
- Responsible for updating the project plan throughout the project lifetime
- Maintain cause and effect records in liaison with the Project Manager
- Regularly assist, advise and update the project resource plan
- Assist in progress reporting against the programme
- Pursue sub-contractors programmes & ensure alignment with those of the project
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum HND or equivalent level of qualification is required
- Preferably degree qualified in technical/engineering or project management discipline though not essential
- PC literate in Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of using Project Planning software (Primavera) is required.Knowledge of MS Project will be a distinct advantage but this is not essential
- SC or DV level security clearance is preferred though not essential. DV Security Clearance will be sponsored by the Company and all candidates MUST be eligible for DV clearance
- Demonstrable competence gained in a planning/scheduling role
- Ideally experience will have been gained within a construction industry incorporating at least either civil, electrical or mechanical engineering disciplines
- Experience of working within a project delivery environment is essential
- Full knowledge of the Project Lifecycle is absolutely essential
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.