Principal Software Engineer
We are currently working with a market leading technology company developing the next generation of innovative driver convenience product for the automotive market.
Due to our client’s business expansion and growth of their product development activities, they are now seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join their Product Development Team.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the delivery of automotive-grade embedded software for their Holographic AR HUD platform, along with related support software.Working within a multi-disciplinary technology and engineering team, the postholder will develop and orchestrate the resources needed to achieve successful product development, validation and ramp-up.
- Manage a V-Model development process to take the product’s software from reference design to volume mass-production.
- Establish clear product and development requirements from the OEM and Tier 1 customers, from the product requirements stage all the way through to system validation and maintenance.
- Initiate and instil rigorous best-practice software development processes for automotive, including toolchain development and adherence to standards.
- Take ownership of and develop the product’s embedded software, containing RTOS, communication and control features, and that interfaces with the Tier1’s system.
- Manage the software integration, test and verification processes according to customer requirements.
- Support debugging, troubleshooting and RCA using debuggers, test benches, and lab equipment.
- Working closely with an R&D team, develop the product team software resources as the product portfolio develops and as the business expands.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Significant experience developing software used in an automotive environment, with knowledge of Automotive SPICE, process and automotive coding and guidelines (for example, MISRA).
- Expert in Embedded C, RTOS, also C++/C#.
- Knowledge of microcontrollers and interface protocols including SPI, I2C, UART, CAN and ethernet.
- Development of test and validation methods for embedded software.
- Agile project management methodology and tools (for example, using Jira).
- Ability to prepare clear project documentation for future maintenance and support.
- Experience of outsourcing development as required.
- People management and strong supervisory skills.
- Education: Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical degree.
- Experience of AUTOSAR software development and the broader embedded software industry for automotive.
- Developing software for complex systems including FPGAs and ASICS.
- Experience of machine vision, image and graphics processing.
- Familiarity with CAN Tools (for example Vector CANoe)
- C#.NET and MATLAB.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.