Government & External Affairs Senior Manager
Reporting to the Director of Government & External Affairs, you will form an integral part of the Government & External Affairs team. You will help shape the legislative agenda to support the company’s business in the UK and Europe. In addition, you will help advise our internal teams on impacts of public policy on company products, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team.
As our Senior Manager for Government & External Affairs, you will represent the company externally with government, regulators and third parties, while also helping to manage our local public policy strategy and campaigns. You will work with a cross-functional team of employees, as well as our network of global advisors to advance policy positions that benefit the industry and the company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Play a central key management role for the Government & External Affairs function ensuring the development and execution of a government strategy aligned with business objectives in the UK and Europe;
- Represent the client with external stakeholders in UK/EU and with our various Trade Body groups and the Automotive Council.
- Build and maintain relationships with key UK/EU funding bodies.
- Manage a cross functional team in the application and delivery of government funding applications for R&D/Manufacturing where applicable and tracking that funding against annual targets.
- Support the Director of Government & External Affairs in wider global activities as and when needed.
- Develop and maintain a detailed stakeholder database for UK/EU and implement contact management programme in collaboration with PA Agency.
- Establish a process to manage, influence and track R&D / Manufacturing funding (UK/EU)
- Develop system to effectively monitor and track key legislation that may impact the business
- Establish and build relationships with key trade associations (SMMT/ESCA)
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Fluent in English, other European language would be an advantage.
- Extensive professional experience in government affairs / public policy.
- Policy experience with direct knowledge of the automotive sector or the key issues impacting the sector.
- Ability to operate and exercise judgment in a fast-moving environment.
- A self-starter with the ability to operate independently on a range of complex projects.
- Team player with the ability to work with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to translate complex issues into understandable language for a broad range of audiences.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and manage relationships in multiple countries.
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal, networking, presentation skills
- Ability to effectively and concisely present to senior internal and external audiences.
- Salary, circa £60,000 dependent on experience. + 20% bonus and other benefits
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.