Our client requires an experienced Architectural Technician (contract) who can prepare drawings for a number of extensions to schools as well as experience if possible on preparing tender documents/ schedules of work etc. To actively participate as a member of a team to help carry out architectural design work using Computer Aided Design software.
The principal duties of this temporary appointment is as follows:
- Prepare CAD drawings as requested by the Senior Project Officer.
- To support the Project Officers in the completion of tasks.
- Work to allocated deadlines of time and budgeted hours and to the specified quality.
- Support the Project Officers in providing a full project design and delivery service of their individual projects.
- Support the Project Officers in procurement and contractual arrangements for the effective delivery of their individual projects.
- Communicate the Council’s policies and service standards effectively with residents and community groups.
- Ensure that comprehensive data and records relating to their projects is maintained.
- Support the Project officers in the production of reports for committees, members, task and finish groups, senior managers and staff at all levels in an effective and well communicated manner.
This person will be required to assist in producing detailed design drawings for all project work carried out by the Consultancy Group. This will involve the use of CAD design software and this person should have extensive knowledge and experience of using AutoCAD and Architectural software packages. It is anticipated that this role may also assist other Consultancy staff in delivering smaller projects from inception through to completion and engaging with Client Services to deliver projects
- BTEC HND/HNC in Construction or equivalent
- Technical qualification (or working towards) in a relevant discipline e.g. Eng.Tech.
- Ability to use and create construction drawings using AutoCAD to a high quality and professional standard.
- Ability to use Mapping Software (MapInfo or similar).
- Ability to create and develop databases and websites.
- Understand the basic concepts of building design and construction varying from small school extensions to large public realm schemes.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.