We currently have an exciting opportunity to work with a highly ambitious automotive technology R&D Company based in the Bedfordshire area on an initial 3-6 Month contract basis.
Working directly with internal and external design and manufacturing engineers, purchasing and suppliers to generate ideas, study feasibility, and execute design changes for cost reduction for the Holographic, Systems and Electronics parts of a product without compromising quality or customer experience.
- To manage and run the core DFM/DFT, VA/VE processes for a complex automotive grade opto-electronic product from design start to SOP.
- To work very closely with the Product Development Director and the product development team to provide input on best in class manufacturability (DFM/DFT) requirements to drive cost reduction throughout the complete design cycle.
- To be the champion of all VA/VE, DFM/DFT related activities during product development within the company and responsible for planning and managing cost reduction projects across the product and supply chain teams
- To be the custodian of the latest BOM costs for all of our products along with forecasted future cost reductions
- To be the primary technical interface into our manufacturing partners for driving cost reduction activities during the industrialisation design process.
- To direct and champion manufacturing cost reduction activities with their supply base from a technical perspective
- Responsible for generating cost reduction ideas through product and or manufacturing process enhancement.
- Work with suppliers to identify process/product efficiencies that will reduce overall costs, develop appropriate product specifications to achieve required function at minimum cost
- Drive Value Add / Value Engineering and Cost Reduction workshops, participate in price benchmarking, teardown activities.
- Manage the ideas and projects in a database and report the status of this activity to the product and supply chain teams and executive management team.
To be considered for the role:
- You must have previous experience of reducing product costs at a design level for Mechanical/Electrical components within either an automotive/aerospace tier 1 or 2 manufacturer or high-level technology company.
- A strong background in either Mechanical, Electrical Engineering (Optical/Optoelectrical engineering would be highly beneficial)
- Must hold either a high-level Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD qualification in a relevant subject.
- Previous experience within an R&D environment would be beneficial.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.