Rate: £29-31 per hour
Job Type: Contract
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 27 April 2017
State-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars. The Powertrain Development team requires a proven Test / Development Engineers to undertake Development and Sign off tests and support Powertrain Module owners with rig and vehicle testing.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Conduct vehicle development testing
• Conduct Vehicle sign off tests
• Arrange sub contract agencies to conduct testing on our behalf
• Support suppliers with test resource
• Manage workshop and prototype resource appropriately
• Contribute to FMEA brainstorming and the translation into engineering targets
• Analyse test results and make appropriate recommendations to vehicle gateway audience.
• Understand and implement budget planning and programme timing delivery milestones
• Manage procurement of hardware to facilitate programme objectives
• Management of test data; identify objective results and orchestrate feedback loop
• Provide direct technical feedback into Powertrain Engineering and whole vehicle gateway events.
• Drive robust troubleshooting of testing problems both on location and remotely
• Specify and lead specific vehicle testing,
• General vehicle testing support as required by mainstream development activities
• Write technical reports in support of Powertrain Development and FESO
• Influence AML Product Development best practice standards and procedures
Qualifications & Experience
• Educated to engineering Degree/HND/HNC level
• Vehicle testing experience.
• Experience in Powertrain Applications, Instrumentation and Development would be desirable
• Good communication skills and ability to deal with a wide range of people
• The ability to adapt and learn new analytical and complex development tools
• The successful candidate will need to be a good team player, communicator and innovator; who can work alone and make directive decisions when required.
• The need to be thorough and pay attention to detail with the tests and test data and the maintenance of the documents for which they are responsible is imperative.