Rate: £23-25 per hour
Job Type: Contract
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 13 September 2017
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real. The main purpose of this role is to be a key Instrumentation team member, providing a quality measurement service to support all aspects of whole vehicle & component testing in line with design verification plans of all future AM product.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
The key responsibilities and tasks of the role include:
• Provide advice and support to PD Engineers engaged in vehicle development including engine or rig based activities.
• Train to user engineers in the use of data acquisition systems and of some of the more unique Instrumentation software packages.
• Will be conversant with local general working practices and procedures and will be instrumental in developing the Instrumentation practices and procedures to provide a robust measurement & data collection service.
• Build / assemble bespoke Instrumentation systems to satisfy customer measurement requirements.
• Will have knowledge of different transducer technologies and the appropriate selection and use in appropriate applications.
• Will have operational knowledge of Suchy data logging systems. Have knowledge of other logging systems.
• Will have knowledge of CAN protocols and the measurement techniques employed with the various data acquisition systems.
• Will have good soldering skills at connector & PCB level.
• Will delegate and monitor work assignments allocated to technicians.
• Provide technical advice and support to PD Engineers undertaking global environmental test activities.
• Will periodically be required to support tests overseas. (component, system and vehicle environmental and durability tests)
• Update timing plans that impact on Instrumentation support schedules.
• Highlight any issues arising from data collection with appropriate design and development engineering staff
• Will have experience working with Hybrid or Electric vehicles or working with High Voltage systems
Qualifications & Experience:
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes:
• Minimum of a HND / HNC in Instrumentation, Electronics or relevant Engineering discipline although consideration would be given to any candidate with substantial practical knowledge of vehicle instrumentation.
• Educated to degree level preferred
• Automotive Instrumentation Experience
• Prototype Test Vehicle Experience
• The applicant will have a genuine interest in Measurement techniques
• Able to demonstrate well developed organisation and communication skills.
• Knowledge of standard software packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
• Knowledge of Datalogger systems, Suchy Datalogger systems would be an advantage
• Team player but also able to work independently
• Self-starting, relishes challenges
• Problem solver
• Flexible and adaptable to new situations
• Ability to travel to support tests